A candidate for the master’s degree must fulfill the following departmental requirements:
- 30 credit hours, exclusive of thesis project;
- must take “Advanced English”, and
- must pass a written comprehensive examination.
A candidate for the Ph.D., degree must fulfill a number of different departmental requirements:
- 24 credits hours, exclusive of thesis project;
- a foreign language examination;
- a written comprehensive examination;
- an oral preliminary examination;
- an oral defense of the dissertation.